Monday, July 4, 2011

Number 46





Ben and I obviously enjoy music, and specifically we love good choral music.  The May Festival has been a Cincinnati tradition for over 100 years.  It is a series of concerts that are presented each year (in May) mostly by the May Festival Chorus and the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.  I participated in this great tradition as a high school student in the May Festival Youth Chorus, and my mom has been in the May Festival Chorus for many years too.

We decided to go to the concert on the closing night of this year's festival, because they were presenting "Elijah," one of my favorite choral works.  My mom got tickets for Maureen, Ben and me, and we came to Cincinnati for the weekend to go to the concert. 

The concert was wonderful (I sang along with most of it), and we got to go to the "Amen" party with my mom afterward.  We had a really great time, and we were so glad that we were able to share this experience with my mom and sister :)


No comments:

Post a Comment